Bone & Joint's History of Orthopaedic Excellence

Bone & Joint at 5200 Hummingbird Road, Wausau

It started in 1969

 

Orthopaedic surgeon Thomas O. Miller, MD, envisioned a medical practice devoted solely to bone, joint and muscle injuries. His vision came to life in 1969 when he opened a solo practice at 630 First Street in Wausau named Miller Bone & Joint, S.C. (Service Corporation).

 


1970

Richard L. Buechel, MD, became the second orthopaedic surgeon to join the practice.


1971

In August of this year, the Articles of Incorporation were amended to rename the practice Bone & Joint Clinic, S.C.


1972

Donald H. Kranendonk, MD, joined the growing practice.


1976

Alexander S. Foltz, MD, was the fourth orthopaedic surgeon to join.

Doctors Miller, Buechel, Kranendonk, and Foltz, became Bone & Joint's charter group of orthopaedic surgeons. They set a standard for exceptional care, from admissions to treatment and recovery, that continues today.


1979

Due to growth, the clinic relocated to the office suites at Wausau Hospital (now Aspirus Hospital).


1981

Bone & Joint expanded its service area by purchasing a building from Dr. Braun on East Second Street in Merrill, Wisconsin.


1987

Richard Foltz, MD, orthopaedic surgeon (brother of Dr. A. Foltz) relocated from a Rhinelander orthopaedic group to become a Bone & Joint provider. The same year Dr. R. Foltz joined Bone & Joint in Wausau, he began offering orthopaedic services one day a week at the hospital in Medford, Wisconsin, further expanding Bone & Joint's service area.


1991

William E. Wessels, MD, orthopaedic surgeon joined the Bone & Joint group.


1995

James R. Messerly, DO, a primary orthopaedic care and sports medicine specialist, joined the team of orthopaedic experts. He was the first non-surgical physician to practice at Bone & Joint.


1998

As a result of Bone & Joint's expansion into sports medicine, William J. Jarvis, MD, an orthopaedic surgeon with a fellowship in sports medicine and arthroscopy joined the practice.


2000

Daniel D. Priebe, DO, an orthopaedic surgeon left a successful private practice in Princeton, Illinois to join Bone & Joint.


2002

Lester A. Owens, DO, a doctor of osteopathic medicine, joins Bone & Joint as a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist to being the Center's new pain management service line.

A new clinic was built in Medford to serve the needs of the community. Three orthopaedic surgeons currently staff this clinic full-time.


2004

Pamela E. Glennon, MD, an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in hand, wrist and upper extremity care joined Bone & Joint.


Bone & Joint purchased land in Rib Mountain with visions for the development of a highly specialized musculoskeletal center.


2006

Thomas G. Staysniak, DPM, a surgical podiatrist, came on staff to serve the foot and ankle sub-specialty.

Bone & Joint constructed a new clinic in Merrill on Eagle Drive. The Merrill Clinic is staffed by two full-time surgeons, a pain management physician and a podiatrist.


2007

Benjamin J. Hackett, MD, an orthopaedic spine surgeon, joined the staff after completing a fellowship in orthopaedic spine surgery at the Twin Cities Spine Center.

On September 20, an official groundbreaking ceremony was held at 5200 Hummingbird Road in the town of Rib Mountain for the construction of a 43,000 square foot musculoskeletal  center and ambulatory surgery center. The building is fully constructed and occupied.


2008

Paul T. Strobel, DPM, a surgical podiatrist, joined the practice.


2009

Scott D. Stuempfig, MD, joined the practice. He specializes in pain medicine, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and the diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal pain disorders. He also offers EMG/NCV studies and interventional pain procedures.

In September of 2009, an official groundbreaking ceremony for a building expansion was held at the Medford Bone & Joint Clinic. The addition increased the building's footprint by 20 percent, to approximately 7,000 total square feet.


2010

Three new orthopaedic physicians became members of our staff:

Kulpreet K. Sahota, MD, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
Douglas J. Keele, DO, Orthopaedic Surgeon & Sports Medicine.
Eric J. Thiel, MD, Orthopaedic Surgeon & Sports Medicine.


2013

Bone & Joint's Wausau Center opened its Walk-In Care Center to provide fast access to expert orthopaedic care, eliminating the need for an appointment and doctor referral.


2014

Jeffrey M.K. Martin, DO, an orthopaedic surgeon, joined the practice. Dr. Martin specializes in general orthopaedic care and sports medicine.

Bone & Joint's Medford clinic opened Walk-In care, providing access without an appointment Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm.


2015

Tyler J. Beckley, DO a dually fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon in both foot & ankle and sports medicine, joined Bone & Joint, bringing a higher acuity specialty care to the Central Wisconsin area and surrounding communities.

Brian A. Rosenberg, MD  a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor specializing in pain management, joined the practice after running a successful practice in Louisiana. 

On November 10, 2015 an official groundbreaking ceremony was held at 1767 Park Avenue in Plover, Wisconsin for the construction of a 15,100 square ft musculoskeletal center and ambulatory surgery center slated to open July 2016.


Bone & Joint Plover Center

2016

Dr. Lester Owens offered the Tenex Health TX treatment technology to Bone & Joint's patients. The minimally invasive procedure allows skilled physicians to treat tendonitis. The procedure has been shown to have an 85% success rate.

July 18, 2016, Bone & Joint opened it new Center located at 1767 Park Avenue in Plover, Wisconsin

September 1, 2016, Bone & Joint launched their redesigned website.

 

Medford
724 South 8th St.
Medford, WI 54451
715.748.2663

Merrill
100 Eagle Dr.
Merrill, WI 54452
715.536.7181

Plover
1767 Park Ave.
Plover, WI 54467
715.344.1260

Wausau
5200 Hummingbird Rd.
Wausau, WI 54401
715.359.6442

©2017 Bone & Joint | Website by: Marco